
triple decker, the bottom bed is mine
Stay up-to-date and keep in touch with Chris while he is overseas. Click on "comments" below each post to read others' comments and to post a comment yourself. All comments will be automatically emailed to Chris.
8 comments:
Chris,
I think that you should patent your triple decker and sell it on E-Bay! Judy
Chris, I don't know if you're safer on the top bed or the bottom. :+) BTW, is that a portable DVD player on your bed?
--Jackie
Chris, Don't know if the bottom is the best place. You know, bugs and stuff! ICK!!
Sounds like everything is going ok for you. I told Grandpa you were in Baghdad and he said "BAGHDAD?", real loud. It was funny because we usually can't understand what he says and it's usually not so clear. I think he understands more than most people think.
Cloudy and cold in Belleville today. Might get some rain or snow...bhurr!! I agree with Judy...you should sell that bed on e-bay!
Take care of yourself. We think of you every day. Be safe and hurry home. Love, Colleen
Chris,
My name is Pat and I've gotten to know Jeremy over time through a NY Jets website and he pointed me towards your blog. I was a Field Artillery LT in the Army from 1996-2000 with deployments to Bosnia and Kosovo. Glad to hear you are doing well and based upon the pics it's obvious that you've quickly performed one of the most important functions of any deployment, securing a good bunk and entertainment. It's nice to read a first person account of how things are over there. Thanks for your service and dedication over there and stay safe.
So, would you say the top bunk is at approximately Camel shoulder height?
Glad things are going well. We are all anxiously waiting for spring. The robins have even arrived and are singing every morning. Just need the warm weather!
Take Care
Carla
Hi Chris,
I guess we're all taking more notice of Irag. What a geography lesson you're getting. I guess we are too through your eyes.
Sounds like you really have a variety of fast food. By the time you come home, you'll be ready for a good home cooked meal. You'll have one waiting but, you'll have to come to Omaha to get it!
I thought you would be interested to know I looked CAMEL up in our Encyclopedia. They are Funny, Strange animals. The ones over there are probably 2 humped and have a 4 compartment stomach. The cells in a couple of these stomach compartments are capable of holding nearly 2 gallons of water. Muscles prevent the water from being expressed into the other compartments except at the will of the animal. There is a bladder like structure at the fore part of the roof of the mouth, to help the feeling of thirst. Ugh!
The humps are fat and act as a food resevoir. After a long march it wastes away. They eat grasses and herbage and can live to be 40yrs old if they aren't overworked. Guess God knew what kind of animals to put in the desert.
Were you interested in watching the Daytona 500? We didn't know the trophy was designed, made and painted right here in Omaha. It has been for several years.
We know your Grandma would be very proud of you Chris. We're sure she is looking down on you smiling along with Great Grandpa and Grandma.
May they protect all of you.
Thinking of you
Love
Ed & Evelyn
Thought I would drop you a line and tell you that we were happy to get a picture of your bunk set up. Maybe you should consider selling it on ebay when you don't need it any more. It does look a little dangerous though.
It's kind of neat that I can see some of what you're doing over there. Send us some more pictures and let us know what you are doing. What is your normal day like?
I wish you were home. You could always go back to your own career. We live close the several hospitals here.
Thank you for your patience, you did a good job. I'm very, very proud of you.
Love you, Nanay
Chris just had a couple of questions about the picture. What's under the blanket in your bunk? It looks like something square under there or maybe it's just your snacks. Also, it looks like there is a tray or something attached to the top bunk. What is that for?
Stay safe and we're all praying for you.
Craig
Post a Comment