Monday, January 21, 2008

SPOKE WITH CHRIS 1-21-08

Chris called this morning a little after 6 am it was after 5 pm their time. We had a pretty long conversation. He said it is cold over there, in the 30's. It's quiet over there now and they are all okay. They also have internet access now. He'll be home for Ashley's wedding. He's happy that he's getting closer to coming home. By the time he finishes there he will have spent 2 and 1/2 years in Iraq during this one enlistment. They got some snow where they are. It's the first time the Iraqies can remember it snowing there. I can't remember everything we talked about now because I was so excited just to here his voice again.

Chris - thank you so much for calling so I could here your voice again. Be careful and stay alert. I'm always praying for you. I miss you.

Love you alot, Mom

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hey Chris. You think it's cold there...come on back to Kansas...it's FRIGID!!! 1 degree this morning with a promise of getting way up to 20 this afternoon! Wow...what a heat wave!!! Is it true you are going to be home early? We would all really love to see you sooner than later. Keep us updated. Thinking of you and sending prayers your way.
Love, Mike and Colleen