Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Red Sleigh Down

It is late December and I'm rapidly approaching my time to leave. I have no more missions scheduled and no more guard duty. I had my own little Christmas with all the cards and packages people sent. Thanks to all the family who sent the new years party box. It looks like we'll use it to celebrate our redeployment as well. The base has swelled into an overpopulated overlap of incoming and outgoing. There was a communication blackout, no phones or internet service, for three days. This all happened on the 24th, 25th, and 26th. When the blackout was lifted, the lines to the phone center snaked around the corner all the way back to Mohammed's rug shop. People make plans to call family but the blackout is never anticipated. This deployment is 4 days shy of being complete. Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chris,

Four more days. I guess your party here will be the 5th of February. We'll have a Filipino Feast with a variety of goodies. Maybe we'll have music and dancing too. Lots of people would like to meet you. Take care, be safe.

Love you, Mom