
I found a box of twinkies in the hallway that somebody was giving away. After eating four of them I decided the fifth didn’t taste as good as the first. Did you know that they used to be filled with banana cream up until WWII. Interesting facts on the box say banana shortages forced hostess to switch to the vanilla cream during the war. Reading the temperature report from ljworld.com made me realize it must be frigid in Kansas. Going on weeks straight the weather here has performed like a machine. Constant highs of 80 are reached during the afternoon and then fall to 60 through the night. People don’t grumble as much about the hot weather anymore but it seems there is always something to complain about. Many guys are starting to focus on what to do when they get back, some are getting divorced, some are moving to different posts, others that have been stopped lossed ("stop loss" occurs when you are deployed and your time in service is supposed to end but you are required to finish the deployment) are getting out of the army. All I have to worry about is finding the guy who stole my television and DVD player earlier in the year. I have his name and know what he looks like so that is a plus. Ok this gets complicated so see if you can follow along. This guy is my friend Ray’s wife’s friend’s son. Last year I met him at Ray’s house when he came over with a 5-pack of beer to say he was sorry after stealing Ray’s play station and to say he would pay him back. I don’t know if he ever paid him back but I’m hoping that he agrees on a repayment plan or some form of reimbursement with me. Looking back on my years it seems there are a few things that pop up in the memory when theft has come knocking, in 8th grade my bicycle, in college two bicycles and a sound system out of my car, and in 2003 someone nabbed my 77’ impala. Don’t know where I was going with this but now I’m just rambling. The end.
5 comments:
Glad to hear that things are winding down! I sure would trade your weather for ours any day. When I get up in the morning for work, it's usually about 0-10 degrees out. Good luck with finding the guy who stole your stuff! Stay safe and get home soon. Ashley
Hi Chris,
It's nice you're coming home soon. The people who stole your stuff don't respect themselves so how could they respect you or your stuff. They are a bunch of loser and you're the winner. Make sure they have to pay for what they did.
Missing you this Christmas. Love you alot, Nanay
Chris,
Good to hear from you. You can ramble all you want and we'll all be glad to listen! ha ha
Yes, the weather in Kansas is FRIGID!!! Pretty bad when your car isn't warmed up after running for 30 min. GOTTA LOVE IT!!
Hope you have been far away from any of the incidents that we have been hearing about.
Always thinking of you. Can't wait until you are back on American soil. Take care. Love, Mike and Colleen
Chris,
I bet it's a good feeling to know that you're "winding down!"
Not to be outdone by Kansas, Nebraska is pretty darn cold with lots of snow everywhere! The weather report isn't in our favor either---more snow is on the way!
We're sending our very best wishes your way for a great Christmas followed by an even greater New Year!
Stay safe and alert!
Hugs from Nebraska all around!
Love, Gary and Judy
Miss you. Love you. Have a safe Christmas and throw a little party for New Year's (one that you'll remember forever), cuz you'll be hitting the road, Jack, and you ain't going back no more, no more.
Can't wait to see you.
Aunty M
Post a Comment