Wednesday, June 25, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Chris called at 3 pm to wish me a Happy Birthday. It was 1 am over there. He said his Dad had dinner in Kansas City with Jackie on Father's Day. He's leaving Iraq on 6 July and will get into the U.S. on 11 July. I'm counting the days. He'll be visiting us in San Diego the week in August. I can't wait. We'll try and have a party for him. He said all he wants to do is go to the beach with his boogie board. I was so excited I forgot most of the conversation. It's just good to hear his voice and know he is all right.

Love my baby boy.

Missing you Chris, Mom and Craig

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Aida, for that update! (Happy Belated Birthday, by the way!)
We bet July 6th can't come soon enough! Hang in there, Chris! We are excited for you to be out of Iraq and back in the U.S.A.
Best wishes for a safe trip!
Love from Nebraska!
Gary & Judy