Sunday, November 18, 2007

Go Jayhawks!

Hi, Everyone.

Chris called at 8am this morning. He decided to call while they were waiting for some food to be delivered to them (so that they can do a routine duty of distributing it to the community). Chris seemed to be in good spirits, but he did say that their basement is flooded with mud. They are using a sewage truck to pump it out. That can't smell good! Chris was pretty excited about the Jayhawk's win over Iowa State yesterday. He said that if it were him, he would spend the $200+ per ticket to go to the KU v. MU game at Arrowhead in Kansas City next weekend. Hopefully he can watch the game over there somehow. On a side note, plans may be changing (for the better) regarding his leave time in April. I'll keep everyone posted when the information becomes official.

On another sidenote, I'll be moving to DC for a position at the Board of Governors. As I was telling Chris about it, he asked, "Are you scared?" And I said, "Yes, how did you know?" He said, "I can hear it in your voice." I was surprised he could pick that up in my voice stretched over the wireless from here to Iraq. I told him some of the things I was afraid of, and as I was listing my fears, I suddenly realized I was talking to someone who moved to Iraq in the middle of war. I probably shouldn't be too afraid. :+)

Go Jayhawks! Win one for Monad! (Ha ha, just kidding!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, for that update about Chris, Jackie! It means a lot to us to know that he is safe and that something good is in the plans for him! And, WOW, I can't wait to hear about what your job will entail in DC! It already sounds like an exciting adventure!
Hugs from Nebraska all around!
Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Chris, you and your buddies rank up there as #1 on our "Thanks List!" Hang in there!
Hugs all around!
Love, Gary & Judy

Anonymous said...

I think you mean Go Sooners?