Thursday, June 16, 2005

harra

It cooled down to 106* when I showed up to work at 7pm today. I sat on a hot metal folding chair behind a jersey barrier while watching traffic pass by our front gate. When the sun set it cooled off enough to be a comfortable temp until tomorrow. A car with ribbons and streamers drove by while a van travelled next to it. This was complete with a trumpet player hanging out the side door playing a Ricky Martin song. Somebody just got married and they were getting live music while driving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's going to get hotter over there during the summer. Craig remembers it being in the 120's most days before noon.

We had an earth quake up in Northern California earlier this week, just off the coast. It was a 7.2 I think. Today we had another one up by San Bernadino around 5.0. That's four in the last week or so. Maybe this is the year we'll end up an island off the coast of Nevada and Arizona.

Stay cool, drink alot of water and rest as much as you can. We'll try to send you some of our 70 degree weather.

We're meeting with Jackie up by Sacramento on 9 July for a reunion of folks from Mainit Surigao del Norte in Mindinao. Most of them will be family.

Be careful and I'll keep praying for you and your friends.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chris! If it cooled down to 106 degrees, I can't imagine what it had been....oh, so, so hot, I guess!
It's been raining off and on here today. Too bad I can't send some rain your way!
Take care! JT