Saturday, April 09, 2005

Sat.

Thanks for the package from omaha. The monopoly game has sparked a tournament for real money and the football and battleship have also been put to use. From everyone that has sent them, I have a surplus of motorcycle magazines, almost 20. I have some pictures of the sheep and chicken drop that I still need to post. Operation sheep/chicken run was a go. Im not sure how that fits in the job description but they were distributed within the area surrounding us. The animals didnt look very happy riding in the back of the humvees. It has been really dusty here with no rain in many days. Gravel is being put down on all the roads to curb the dust clouds. Its been getting hotter by the day but it is still relatively nice. Answers to questions: 1. Miami is a popular brand of smokes over here. 2.The kids are very trusting when around us and sometimes aggressive, not afraid to demand money. 3. The humvees were stuck in a row after everyone tried to make a u turn at the same time but nobody knew the depth of black water on the side.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Chris! It's around 8 o'clock, Saturday April 9, and it's really good to hear from you here on the blog! Sounds like that Omaha couple sent some neat stuff giving everyone some fun! Springtime has hit here, and the farmers are hoping to get in the fields if they haven't already! The school kids and teachers are hoping to blink and be out of school for the summer (me included). We're thinking of you constantly and hoping that you stay safe! Take care! Prayers and Hugs from Nebraska! Love ya! Gary & Judy

Unknown said...

I'm glad you received the package from Omaha. They are your god parents, they're the neatest people in the world. You are a lucky kid.

It sure is good to hear from you and know that you are all right. I'm anxious to see the pictures of the animal drop too.

I keep praying for your safety. Be careful, stay alert and safe.

Love, Nanay

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Omaha Chris,

Glad you got your package. Thought it would take longer. Enjoy it!

Enjoyed Easter with everybody here. Guess I really threw everyone for a loop by not making lasagna. I'll have to make it up to them later.

It is getting warm but I'm sure it's warmer over there. Our Magnolia tree was really pretty this year. Bright Pink.

We not only get to hear from you through this email blog but your mom, etc..

Hello to everyone!

Our thoughts and payers are always with you.
Love
Ed and Evelyn

Anonymous said...

By the way Chris, We didn't get any of her homemade doughnuts either!
Can't wait to see your new pics. Glad everything is going well over there.
The kids and I thought it was funny about the Monopoly tournament! Hope you are winning.
Take Care!
Love
Carla

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you! Also good that things are going good over there and you're enjoying all over your packages. Your pictures should be pretty interesting, can't wait to see them. Be safe, we're praying for you.
Ashley