Here's a message from Chris dated Wednesday, January 26, 2005.
We flew into kuwait last fri night. I'm in camp new york with about 10,000 other people. The lines are long to get anything around here. They have burger king, subway, px and an internet trailer. I should be able to call soon but its just a matter of waiting in line. Everything is going ok here. The dining facility food is actually better here than back in Georgia. Its been cool, 60s, everyday, and the first day it rained a lot, flooding the roads. They have showers and laundry service so it isn't a problem to stayclean. The kuwaiti people seem to be friendly and a lot of them work on thecamp, in the cafeteria and the other stores. I just had a cheeseburger, fries, and a coke from the short order cafeteria. It tasted ok. Everythingis so spread out on this camp. You have to walk a kilometer to get anywhere. It's night time now, and we are about 13 hrs ahead of you. Ill keep that in mind when I try calling. Ill call or write again soon.
Friday, January 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Farooha: I'm sorry to hear about the death of your best friend's mother. I can't answer for all that goes on, but I AM proud of my brother. Also, the word I used was "adventure". My brother is the kind of person who wants to experience other countries and cultures. He's very open-minded, considerate and caring. You would do well to be as open-minded, considerate and caring as he is. If my brother met your best friend, I think he'd go out of his way to help her. By the way, when my brother returns, he hopes to begin medical school. Also, it certainly was mean of you to comment on this page with your accusations and presumptions. This blog is for family and friends.
This is an email we received from Chris 1/30/05:
"Hows everything going? I got another chance at using the internet. The best times to take a shower or use the computeres is 3 or 4am. We havent been very busy lately. I've been playing a lot of spades and reading books. Yesterday we went to a range to zero our rifles and practice some urban simulation training. I havent heard much about the elections but I know they are going on today. Hopefully they'll set up some big screens so we can watch the superbowl. It still hasnt heated up around here but it sure gets cold at night. I saw a herd of camels yesterday headed across the desert to who knows where. Im not sure what they eat because there's not much vegetation out there. Thats all the excitement for now."
Aida (Chris' Mom)
Farooha: Thanks for your response. In these uncertain times, emotions run high and deep.
Post a Comment